Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 974021
RHEL5.8 - update of "OFED_release_notes.txt" needs required
Last modified: 2014-08-31 19:31:43 EDT
Description of problem:
RHEL5.8 has a package named ofed-docs-1.4.1-2.el5, which has a
file /usr/share/doc/ofed-docs-1.4.1/OFED_release_notes.txt, this file
says that supported rhel5 updates are u1/u2/u3.
here is the content I copied from "OFED_release_notes.txt"
o Linux Operating Systems:
- RedHat EL4 up4: 2.6.9-42.ELsmp *
- RedHat EL4 up5: 2.6.9-55.ELsmp
- RedHat EL4 up6: 2.6.9-67.ELsmp
- RedHat EL4 up7: 2.6.9-78.ELsmp
- RedHat EL5: 2.6.18-8.el5
- RedHat EL5 up1: 2.6.18-53.el5
- RedHat EL5 up2: 2.6.18-92.el5
- RedHat EL5 up3: 2.6.18-128.el5
- Fedora C9: 2.6.25-14.fc9 *
- SLES10: 220.127.116.11-0.8-smp
- SLES10 SP1: 18.104.22.168-0.12-smp
- SLES10 SP2: 22.214.171.124-0.21-smp
- SLES11: 126.96.36.199-5-default
- OpenSuSE 10.3: 188.8.131.52-31 *
- OEL 4 up7 2.6.9-78.ELsmp
- OEL 5 up2 2.6.18-92.el5
- CentOS5.2 2.6.18-92.el5
- kernel.org: 2.6.26 and 2.6.27
seems it did not got updated for rhel5.4 and above updates. please fix.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install ofed-doc
2. check /usr/share/doc/ofed-docs-1.4.1/OFED_release_notes.txt
only u1/u2/u3 is supported according to this doc.
please check whether u4 and above support this feature or not, if yes,
please update this file.
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for
inclusion in the current release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Because the affected component is not scheduled to be updated
in the current release, Red Hat is unable to address this
request at this time.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if appropriate, in the next release of
Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This Bugzilla has been reviewed by Red Hat and is not planned on being addressed in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, and therefore will be closed. If this bug is critical to production systems, please contact your Red Hat support representative and provide sufficient business justification.