Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 975849
No mid-air collision reported when changing QA Contact
Last modified: 2014-10-12 18:51:06 EDT
Description of problem:
When two people change the QA Assigned field at the same time, no mid-air collision is reported
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Edit bug's QA Assigned field using one account
2. Edit bug's QA Assigned using second account
3. Submit changes on first account
4. Submit changes from second account
The last change overwrites the previous one, no collision is reported..
Collision is reported, as in the case of adding of a new comment.
I cannot reproduce this. As expected, I get a mid air collision warning when completing step 4.
I've hit this problem only once, so it might have been a fluke...
Ideas in no particular order:
1. Maybe there's a timeout and changes using 2 or 3 minute old forms are overriding the change?
2. The specific change occurred by switching the bug from specific e-mail to default one for the package from one side and from specific e-mail to different e-mail on the other person's side. (mine -> Reset to default for component and other -> take)
(In reply to Hubert Kario from comment #3)
> I've hit this problem only once, so it might have been a fluke...
> Ideas in no particular order:
> 1. Maybe there's a timeout and changes using 2 or 3 minute old forms are
> overriding the change?
Timeout on tokens is 3 days. When you hit this limit, you will receive a warning saying you didn't submit the form correctly, and are you sure you want to make this change.
> 2. The specific change occurred by switching the bug from specific e-mail to
> default one for the package from one side and from specific e-mail to
> different e-mail on the other person's side. (mine -> Reset to default for
> component and other -> take)
That wouldn't make a difference. If the other person used the 'Change many bugs at once' page that would be a reason the mid air collision didn't happen. This is a known issue, and was in the Bugzilla 4.4 release notes.