Bug 977057 - Hang for several seconds on loading web apps
Hang for several seconds on loading web apps
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: epiphany (Show other bugs)
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Gecko Maintainer
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2013-06-22 21:00 EDT by Zeeshan Ali
Modified: 2016-09-19 21:42 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2015-02-17 10:39:49 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)
Screencast of the issue (508.45 KB, image/png)
2013-06-22 21:03 EDT, Zeeshan Ali
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Zeeshan Ali 2013-06-22 21:00:48 EDT
Description of problem: Ever since I upgraded to Fedora 19/Epiphany 3.8.x, I've been seeing these hangs on loading web apps when the progress bar is at the end. The hang lasts for several seconds and after that everything works fine. Attaching a screenshot. As you can see in the screenshot, the issue is also reproducible in browser but only against website for which I got a web app. To make things more complicated, its not reproducible in browser for every website for which I got a web app.

I didn't not report this issue before because an Epiphany dev told me that its a known issue but then it turned out that he was talking about a different issue.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 3.8.2-1.fc19

How reproducible: always

Steps to Reproduce: 
1. Launch a web app on decent internet connection.

Actual results: Web app hangs on launch for several seconds.

Expected results: We app should load within a few seconds.

Additional info:
Comment 1 Zeeshan Ali 2013-06-22 21:03:30 EDT
Created attachment 764220 [details]
Screencast of the issue
Comment 2 Zeeshan Ali 2013-06-24 19:36:26 EDT
The following command seems to fix the issue:

$ rm ~/.mozilla/plugins/*

I had the following files in there:

Comment 3 Fedora End Of Life 2015-01-09 13:30:19 EST
This message is a notice that Fedora 19 is now at end of life. Fedora 
has stopped maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 19. It is 
Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no 
longer maintained. Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now this bug will
be closed as EOL if it remains open with a Fedora 'version' of '19'.

Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version' 
to a later Fedora version.

Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not 
able to fix it before Fedora 19 is end of life. If you would still like 
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version 
of Fedora, you are encouraged  change the 'version' to a later Fedora 
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.

Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's 
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a 
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes 
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Comment 4 Fedora End Of Life 2015-02-17 10:39:49 EST
Fedora 19 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2015-01-06. Fedora 19 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.

If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version. If you
are unable to reopen this bug, please file a new report against the
current release. If you experience problems, please add a comment to this

Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.