Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 980286
When virtual guest machines are migrated with storage logical network is cut ,why virtual guest machines are rebooted ?
Last modified: 2013-10-01 05:25:06 EDT
we need logs to do anything about it. Engine log and the corresponding vdsm.log from each host
and the vdsm logs from hosts please
also - is/was the guest agent installed in those guests?
Thanks. a bit clearer now. Now libvirt log please:)
so far what seems to be happening:
- VMs started to be migrated away correctly
- They almost finished, but before the end of migration the progress gets stuck
- After 300s we try to abort the migration but libvirt doesn't seem to abort the job
- After another few minutes libvirt reports migration was successful and VMs are resumed on destination
- reboot happens but it doesn't seem to be initiated from vdsm, rather from within the guest. Or the whole migration process got weird - so we need libvirt logs and qemu logs if possible as well
libvirt logs are missing from the time of starting the migration, nevertheless, the qemuMonitorEmitReset suggests the reset happened at QEMU level after ~500ms after the migration finished.
so...either guest triggered that or maybe QEMU logs will help
unfortunately the libvirt log is from a different month.
Can someone please post set of logs from engine,vdsm,libvirt and qemu from the same time from both src and dst sides? I find hard to correlate it from what is attached in the ticket.
(In reply to Michal Skrivanek from comment #18)
> unfortunately the libvirt log is from a different month.
> Can someone please post set of logs from engine,vdsm,libvirt and qemu from
> the same time from both src and dst sides? I find hard to correlate it from
> what is attached in the ticket.
Yoshinori, can you follow up with the above request from Michal if possible.