Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 986348
RFE: Disabled Samba becomes Enabled again after updating to RHS2.0 update 5
Last modified: 2016-04-11 07:55:29 EDT
Description of problem:
Disabled Samba by moving S30Samba -> K30Samba
inside: /var/lib/glusterd/hooks/1/start/post as suggested by documentation.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHS 2.0 update 5
- Install RHS 2.0 Update 4.
- Disable automatic samba export creation by moving S30Samba script to K30Samba..
- Update RHS 2.0 to update 5 by using yum update
- Samba exports are back active again and fully writeable as Guest !!
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHS2.0 update 4
2. Disable automatic samba export
3. update to RHS2.0 update 5 by using yum update
4. Automatic samba export is enabled again.
Automatic samba export is enabled again.
Samba export was disabled, should therefore remain disabled.
It doesn't check on existance of K30Samba....
Simply creates a new start script inside the hooks dir.
Eventually it could be that the same goes for other services used in hooks aswell.
i.e. not only for the samba service but also for other services as managed by hooks.
The version of Red Hat Gluster Storage on which this issue was reported has reached end of life , hence this bug is being closed. If the issue is still observed on a current version of Red Hat Gluster Storage, Please file a new bug on the current version.