Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 986878
glusterfs-server package exits with non-zero status while upgrading
Last modified: 2015-11-22 21:57:42 EST
Description of problem:
While upgrading from U5 to Big Bend, glusterfs-server package exits with a non-zero error code.
Updating : glusterfs-server-188.8.131.52rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64 203/621
Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package glusterfs-server-184.108.40.206rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64
warning: /etc/glusterfs/group-virt.example created as /etc/glusterfs/group-virt.example.rpmnew
warning: %post(glusterfs-server-220.127.116.11rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Bala/Kaushal, can you guys check whats the issue? and see if its easy to fix? This is a blocker for the release.
I tried to reproduce this by
1. install http://download.eng.blr.redhat.com/pub/rhs/rel-eng/RHS-2.0-20130715.0/2/RHS/x86_64/os/
2. download glusterfs rpms from http://download.devel.redhat.com/brewroot/packages/glusterfs/18.104.22.168rhs.beta5/2.el6rhs/x86_64/
3. run rpm -Uvh glusterfs-22.214.171.124rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-fuse-126.96.36.199rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-server-188.8.131.52rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-rdma-184.108.40.206rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-geo-replication-220.127.116.11rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm
This succeeded ie exit status is 0
4. tried yum localupdate glusterfs-18.104.22.168rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-fuse-22.214.171.124rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-server-126.96.36.199rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-rdma-188.8.131.52rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm glusterfs-geo-replication-184.108.40.206rhs.beta5-2.el6rhs.x86_64.rpm
This also succeeded ie exit status is 0
I am not sure how to reproduce this
1. Ensure your machine is on Update-5
2. Subscribe to RHEL-6.4.z base channel
3. Subscribe to RHS-2.1 channel
4. yum update
I am sending you the account details to subscribe to in a separate email.
I followed those steps except 'yum update --nogpgcheck' and there is no problem found. As rpms in rhn.qa are not signed, we need to add --nogpgcheck and it works fine.
Let me know what you think.
I do not see the error in the latest runs. Ran the upgrade twice, but don't see the error. Verified for now.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.