Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 987814
[engine][neutron] Port leftover if hot-plug new vNIC fails
Last modified: 2014-05-08 09:38:14 EDT
Description of problem:
When creating a new vNIC and choosing to hot-plug it, If hot-plug vNIC fails, the port remains on Neutron but doesn't exist on oVirt side anymore.
Later on when you try to add a vNIC with the same MAC address, the add will fail since port already exists on Neutron.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open an "add new nic" dialog on a running VM
2. Select the neutron network, but don't click OK yet
3. Now quickly:
3.1. Block host-engine communication via iptables
3.2. Click OK
4. The "add vNIC" should fail with a provider error
5. Restore communication to the host
6. Try click OK again
The vNIC addition will fail
The leftover port can be seen on the neutron side on the /ports resource
The vNIC addition should succeed
The leftover port shouldn't be seen on the neutron side on the /ports resource
This is an automated message
oVirt 3.4.1 has been released:
* should fix your issue
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.