Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 988549
org-level auto-attach subscriptions overly greedy
Last modified: 2014-07-02 10:09:51 EDT
Created attachment 778491 [details]
After importing an updated manifest and running the org-level auto-attach from katello Systems page, some systems end up with double subscriptions.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Clean install of katello
2. Run mangonel w/ organizations.csv and systems.csv (attached)
% python ./mangonel_runner -s localhost --port 3000 -u admin -p admin -t tests.test_Populate --org-csv organizations.csv
% python ./mangonel_runner -s localhost --port 3000 -u admin -p admin -t tests.test_Populate --sys-csv systems.csv
3. Import manifest #1 (attached)
4. Katello UI Systems - "Auto-attach available subscriptions to all systems" button
5. Note subscriptions on system 'jboss1' (still correctly red)
6. Import manifest #2 (attached)
7. Katello UI Systems - "Auto-attach available subscriptions to all systems" button
8. Note subscriptions on system 'jboss1' (still correctly red)
You shold note that jboss1 incorrectly has two subscriptions to RHEL when just one would be enough to cover it (2 sockets w/ 4 guests)
Created attachment 778493 [details]
Created attachment 778494 [details]
Author: Alex Wood <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon Aug 5 16:54:00 2013 -0400
988549: Let CandlepinPoolManager decide which products to bind.
Lates build (Snap4) should contain these fixes. Please test on Snap4.
Moving this to be tested during MDP3, not critical for MDP2 success story
This was delivered with 6.0.3, which is the Satellite 6 Beta.
This was delivered in 6.0.3, the Beta version of Satellite 6.0