Bug 988956 - status of exim maintanence?
status of exim maintanence?
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Fedora EPEL
Classification: Fedora
Component: exim (Show other bugs)
el6
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Mark Chappell
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-07-26 15:12 EDT by Dario Landazuri
Modified: 2013-07-26 17:08 EDT (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-07-26 17:08:25 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Dario Landazuri 2013-07-26 15:12:04 EDT
Greetings,

I'm working on upgrading an inherited exim installation.  Previously, exim (and some other packages) was "maintained" by infrequent upgrades from source.  With this full system upgrade I'm doing, I'm trying to move as much as I can away from this to using RHEL/EPEL provided packages.

I'm curious if exim is still being actively maintained.  I see it was last updated in November 2012 and is still on 4.72.  The exim webpage has it up to a 4.80 release.  I'm not necessarily looking for EPEL to have the latest release of exim, but I would like to make sure it's being looked after with security/bug backports as needed.

Thanks,
Dario
Comment 1 Jaroslav Škarvada 2013-07-26 16:51:12 EDT
(In reply to Dario Landazuri from comment #0)
Hi, as a exim co-maintainer I can say that the 4.80 is already in the Fedora 18 and up. The security patches (those with assigned CVEs) are actively backported to the EPEL. The rebases are not recommended by the EPEL guidelines, but IMHO it shouldn't break things in this case. I let the decision on the maintainer.
Comment 2 Dario Landazuri 2013-07-26 16:54:54 EDT
Jaroslav - that's good enough for me.  I wouldn't mind going up to 4.80, but I also don't need you guys to go against guidelines for no real reason.

Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.  I'll think about filing an RFE for going up to 4.80 just in case it's possible.

As far as I'm concerned, I think you guys can close this.
Comment 3 Jaroslav Škarvada 2013-07-26 17:08:25 EDT
OK, closing, feel free to open RFE.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.