It was found that python package pysaml2 version 4.4.0 and earlier reuses the initialization vector across encryptions in the IDP server, resulting in weak encryption of data.
Created python-pysaml2 tracking bugs for this issue:
Affects: fedora-all [bug 1516163]
Red Hat Product Security has rated this issue as having security impact of Low for:
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 7.0 (Kilo) for RHEL 7
* Red Hat OpenStack Platform 8.0 (Liberty)
* Red Hat OpenStack Platform 9.0 (Mitaka)
* Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10.0 (Newton)
* Red Hat OpenStack Platform 11.0 (Ocata)
* Red Hat OpenStack Platform 12.0 (Pike)
Although the affected code is present in shipped packages, python-pysaml2 is included only as a dependency of other packages. The affected code cannot be reached in any supported configuration of Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
This issue is not currently planned to be addressed in future updates. For additional information, refer to the Issue Severity Classification: https://access.redhat.com/security/updates/classification/.