Bug 77312

Summary: Web find function fails when selecting detail about a component
Product: [Retired] Red Hat Linux Reporter: Need Real Name <mike.zachry>
Component: gnorpmAssignee: Havoc Pennington <hp>
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX QA Contact: David Lawrence <dkl>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: 7.2CC: hp
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: i386   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-01-12 21:01:49 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Description Need Real Name 2002-11-04 23:59:53 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)

Description of problem:
Web find returns with the error "RDF schema seems empty" on the status bar of 
the Gno RPM window.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):0.96-12.7x


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Launch GnoRPM
2.Enter root password if prompted
3.Select Web find from the tool bar
4.Click the + on any component in the lower left hand pane of the Rpmfind (Web 
find) window.
	

Actual Results:  The status bar in the Gno RPM window shows a result of the 
component name plus "RDF schema seems empty"

Expected Results:  The component detail in the right hand pane of the Rpmfind 
(Web find) window should have updated the the component details

Additional info:

Metadata Server is configured to retrieve RPM data from 
http://www.redhat.com/RDF on the Rpmfind tab under Preferences.

Comment 1 Havoc Pennington 2002-11-05 01:47:26 UTC
Moving to web site product as apparently it's a web site missing-RDF issue.

If it's a gnorpm issue, gnorpm is no longer actively developed; 
in 8.0 the replacement is redhat-config-packages.

Comment 2 Need Real Name 2002-11-05 02:16:40 UTC
Actually, this looks like an rpm2html issue.  The rdf's are there, but are
malformed.  Take a look at http://www.redhat.com/RDF/resources/zsh.rdf for a
small-ish example of what's wrong.  I'll try to catch up with Daniel and see if
we can figure out what's going on there.

Comment 3 Daniel Veillard 2002-11-05 11:13:49 UTC
I just fetched the zsh.rdf , apparently it's well formed XML,
so what's the problem ?

paphio:~ -> xmllint --noout zsh.rdf
paphio:~ ->


Daniel

Comment 4 Need Real Name 2002-11-05 16:12:22 UTC
OK, this was apparently a mozilla rendering bug that led me to believe that the
RDF was malformed.  After talking to Daniel for a bit, this looks like a gnorpm
issue (again).

Comment 5 Need Real Name 2002-11-05 17:58:52 UTC
I did a little more checking into this, and found that there is an additional
error message displayed by gnorpm:

Was not expecting a rdf:Description element

I added another variable to find out what it was indeed looking for, and got this:

Was not expecting a rdf:Description element, expected RDF:Description

So it looks like gnorpm is at fault here, because according to Daniel, the
prefix should not matter, just the namespace mapping to the prefix is important.



Comment 6 Havoc Pennington 2003-01-12 21:01:49 UTC
So if it's gnorpm, gnorpm is not being actively fixed and isn't there 
in newer releases.