Bug 77312 - Web find function fails when selecting detail about a component
Web find function fails when selecting detail about a component
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: gnorpm (Show other bugs)
7.2
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Havoc Pennington
David Lawrence
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-11-04 18:59 EST by Need Real Name
Modified: 2007-04-18 12:48 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-01-12 16:01:49 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Need Real Name 2002-11-04 18:59:53 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)

Description of problem:
Web find returns with the error "RDF schema seems empty" on the status bar of 
the Gno RPM window.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):0.96-12.7x


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Launch GnoRPM
2.Enter root password if prompted
3.Select Web find from the tool bar
4.Click the + on any component in the lower left hand pane of the Rpmfind (Web 
find) window.
	

Actual Results:  The status bar in the Gno RPM window shows a result of the 
component name plus "RDF schema seems empty"

Expected Results:  The component detail in the right hand pane of the Rpmfind 
(Web find) window should have updated the the component details

Additional info:

Metadata Server is configured to retrieve RPM data from 
http://www.redhat.com/RDF on the Rpmfind tab under Preferences.
Comment 1 Havoc Pennington 2002-11-04 20:47:26 EST
Moving to web site product as apparently it's a web site missing-RDF issue.

If it's a gnorpm issue, gnorpm is no longer actively developed; 
in 8.0 the replacement is redhat-config-packages.
Comment 2 Need Real Name 2002-11-04 21:16:40 EST
Actually, this looks like an rpm2html issue.  The rdf's are there, but are
malformed.  Take a look at http://www.redhat.com/RDF/resources/zsh.rdf for a
small-ish example of what's wrong.  I'll try to catch up with Daniel and see if
we can figure out what's going on there.
Comment 3 Daniel Veillard 2002-11-05 06:13:49 EST
I just fetched the zsh.rdf , apparently it's well formed XML,
so what's the problem ?

paphio:~ -> xmllint --noout zsh.rdf
paphio:~ ->


Daniel
Comment 4 Need Real Name 2002-11-05 11:12:22 EST
OK, this was apparently a mozilla rendering bug that led me to believe that the
RDF was malformed.  After talking to Daniel for a bit, this looks like a gnorpm
issue (again).
Comment 5 Need Real Name 2002-11-05 12:58:52 EST
I did a little more checking into this, and found that there is an additional
error message displayed by gnorpm:

Was not expecting a rdf:Description element

I added another variable to find out what it was indeed looking for, and got this:

Was not expecting a rdf:Description element, expected RDF:Description

So it looks like gnorpm is at fault here, because according to Daniel, the
prefix should not matter, just the namespace mapping to the prefix is important.

Comment 6 Havoc Pennington 2003-01-12 16:01:49 EST
So if it's gnorpm, gnorpm is not being actively fixed and isn't there 
in newer releases.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.