|Summary:||repquota truncating usernames|
|Product:||[Retired] Red Hat Linux||Reporter:||Jon Benson <sysadmin>|
|Component:||quota||Assignee:||Preston Brown <pbrown>|
|Status:||CLOSED RAWHIDE||QA Contact:||Dale Lovelace <dale>|
|Fixed In Version:||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2000-11-14 05:57:35 UTC||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
|Cloudforms Team:||---||Target Upstream Version:|
Description Jon Benson 2000-11-14 05:57:30 UTC
repquota is truncating usernames which makes it rather difficult to use. It's a case of the good old 8 character limit coming in to play. Eg winmybiz-t+- 15621 15360 20480 34 1 0 0 That user is winmybiz-tony but with repquota reporting it like this you wouldn't know it wasn't winmybiz-tim :( My main problem is I have a Perl script designed to warn me of users overquota. I did have it emailing them as well but until I realised it was trying to send email to the wrong accounts. I'd assume this is a rather simple source code hack. Even if a "-w" argument were added to get a wider output. I'd even be happier with a UID that I could then map back to a username.
Comment 1 Preston Brown 2001-02-01 23:45:39 UTC
The version of quota in rawhide supports 15 char usernames.