Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 20819
repquota truncating usernames
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:29:49 EDT
repquota is truncating usernames which makes it rather difficult to use.
It's a case of the good old 8 character limit coming in to play.
winmybiz-t+- 15621 15360 20480 34 1 0 0
That user is winmybiz-tony but with repquota reporting it like this you
wouldn't know it wasn't winmybiz-tim :(
My main problem is I have a Perl script designed to warn me of users
overquota. I did have it emailing them as well but until I realised it was
trying to send email to the wrong accounts.
I'd assume this is a rather simple source code hack. Even if a "-w"
argument were added to get a wider output.
I'd even be happier with a UID that I could then map back to a username.
The version of quota in rawhide supports 15 char usernames.