Bug 226045

Summary: Merge Review: libSM
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it <nobody>
Component: Package ReviewAssignee: Jason Tibbitts <tibbs>
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE QA Contact: Fedora Package Reviews List <fedora-package-review>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: medium    
Version: rawhideCC: ajax, redhat-bugzilla, sandmann
Target Milestone: ---Flags: tibbs: fedora-review+
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2009-03-07 22:10:59 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:

Description Nobody's working on this, feel free to take it 2007-01-31 19:27:54 UTC
Fedora Merge Review: libSM

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/libSM/
Initial Owner: sandmann@redhat.com

Comment 1 Robert Scheck 2009-01-13 21:57:35 UTC
libSM.i386: E: zero-length /usr/share/doc/libSM-1.1.0/README - remove or
solve it somehow.

Comment 2 Adam Jackson 2009-02-21 20:15:11 UTC
Fixed in 1.1.0-3.

Comment 3 Jason Tibbitts 2009-03-07 22:10:59 UTC
I made the same basic changes I made to libICE:

- Minor tweaks to summaries and descriptions.
- Don't own /usr/include/X11.
- Use a regular, unversioned dep on xorg-x11-filesystem.

With this rpmlint says just:
  libSM.x86_64: W: shared-lib-calls-exit /usr/lib64/libSM.so.6.0.0 
   exit@GLIBC_2.2.5
  libSM-devel.x86_64: W: no-documentation
which are fine, although I don't get why the X libs all call exit.  Seems like that's the last thing you'd want deep in a client.

* source files match upstream.  sha256sum:
   7536ac382e1ff82014d3a0defba0c61b3a30984f4e5bc7707960d6debcb92a82  
   libSM-1.1.0.tar.bz2
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly.
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint has acceptable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
  libSM-1.1.0-5.fc11.x86_64.rpm
   libSM.so.6()(64bit)
   libSM = 1.1.0-5.fc11
   libSM(x86-64) = 1.1.0-5.fc11
  =
   /sbin/ldconfig
   libICE.so.6()(64bit)
   libSM.so.6()(64bit)
   libuuid.so.1()(64bit)

  libSM-devel-1.1.0-5.fc11.x86_64.rpm
   pkgconfig(sm) = 1.1.0
   libSM-devel = 1.1.0-5.fc11
   libSM-devel(x86-64) = 1.1.0-5.fc11
  =
   /usr/bin/pkg-config
   libICE-devel
   libSM = 1.1.0-5.fc11
   libSM.so.6()(64bit)
   pkgconfig
   pkgconfig(ice)
   pkgconfig(xproto)
   xorg-x11-filesystem
   xorg-x11-proto-devel

* shared libraries are installed.
   ldconfig called properly
   unversioned .so link is in the -devel package.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no generically named files.
* scriptlets are OK (ldconfig).
* code, not content.
* headers are in the -devel package.
* pkgconfig files are in the -devel package.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.

APPROVED, and closing.