Red Hat Bugzilla – Full Text Bug Listing
|Summary:||Problem with update/remove old version|
|Product:||[Fedora] Fedora||Reporter:||Zdenek Kabelac <zkabelac>|
|Component:||setroubleshoot||Assignee:||John Dennis <jdennis>|
|Status:||CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE||QA Contact:||Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>|
|Fixed In Version:||2.0.4-3.fc8||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2008-02-28 16:43:33 EST||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
Description Zdenek Kabelac 2008-01-10 07:22:52 EST
Description of problem: I cannot simply remove older setouubleshot package from my rawhide. I'd had actually 3 different package version of setroubleshot package. #rpm -qa | grep setroubleshoot setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch setroubleshoot-server-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch setroubleshoot-1.10.7-1.fc8.noarch setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.0-1.fc9.noarch setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch And I cannot easily remove older version: setroubleshoot-1.10.7-1.fc8.noarch # rpm -e setroubleshoot-1.10.7-1.fc8.noarch error: %trigger(setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 error: %trigger(setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1 Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch How reproducible: yum update on the fedora rawhide Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3. Actual results: Expected results: hmm - just one version of this package in system ? Additional info:
Comment 1 John Dennis 2008-01-10 09:05:14 EST
Thank you for reporting this. Could you please do this for me: ls -lZ /var/lib/setroubleshoot/ and add the output to this bugzilla, thanks.
Comment 2 John Dennis 2008-01-10 09:13:32 EST
Also, after getting the directory contents please try to remove the old rpm's, but add this argument --notriggerpostun that should allow the removal to work. Did that fix the problem?
Comment 3 Zdenek Kabelac 2008-01-11 05:38:07 EST
Well - of course I've removed offending packages after I've made the bugreport with --noscript parameter - so I cannot really show the list ls -lZ from this time - but I've made just an update and setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch was installed again while the setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch was left in my system. - so the current situation on my 64bit rawhide is: # rpm -qa | grep setroubl 227816 setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch 1655432 setroubleshoot-server-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch 231847 setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch 2423383 setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.0-1.fc9.noarch ------ # rpm -ql setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch /etc/xdg/autostart/sealertauto.desktop /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/browser.py /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/browser.pyc /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/browser.pyo /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/email_dialog.py /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/email_dialog.pyc /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/email_dialog.pyo /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/gui_utils.py /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/gui_utils.pyc /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/gui_utils.pyo /usr/share/applications/setroubleshoot.desktop /usr/share/dbus-1/services/sealert.service /usr/share/icons/hicolor /usr/share/icons/hicolor/96x96 /usr/share/icons/hicolor/96x96/apps /usr/share/icons/hicolor/96x96/apps/setroubleshoot_icon.png /usr/share/setroubleshoot/gui /usr/share/setroubleshoot/gui/setroubleshoot_icon.png ------- # rpm -ql setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch /etc/xdg/autostart/sealertauto.desktop /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/browser.py /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/setroubleshoot/browser.pyc ------ # ls -lZ /var/lib/setroubleshoot/ -rw-r--r-- root root system_u:object_r:setroubleshoot_var_lib_t:s0 email_alert_recipients --------
Comment 4 John Dennis 2008-01-11 12:55:38 EST
Created attachment 291407 [details] attempts to reproduce the error
Comment 5 John Dennis 2008-01-11 13:05:43 EST
I haven't been able to reproduce this, see attachment. So I'm a bit perplexed. I'm also perplexed because as far as I can tell the command run by the trigger should always return 0, which seems to be culprit. However, the use of a rpm trigger was probably a bad idea in the first place, triggers are evil. So I've updated the latest rawhide package (2.0.2-1) to: * bulletproof the exit status of the init script * have the run time code check the database version, instead of the rpm install * remove the trigger. Hopefully this will be more robust. I know others have installed from rawhide but no one else has reported this problem yet. I'm not sure if this is a general problem or is unique to your system. So I'm going to leave this bugzilla open for a while so others can find it if they see the same issue. But I think the changes listed above should address the issue.
Comment 6 Fedora Update System 2008-01-15 17:54:53 EST
setroubleshoot-2.0.2-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report. If you want to test the update, you can install it with su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update setroubleshoot'
Comment 7 Fedora Update System 2008-02-25 21:18:47 EST
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-3.fc8,setroubleshoot-2.0.5-2.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8
Comment 8 Fedora Update System 2008-02-28 16:42:57 EST
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-3.fc8, setroubleshoot-2.0.5-2.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.