Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 428252
Problem with update/remove old version
Last modified: 2008-02-28 16:43:33 EST
Description of problem:
I cannot simply remove older setouubleshot package from my rawhide.
I'd had actually 3 different package version of setroubleshot package.
#rpm -qa | grep setroubleshoot
And I cannot easily remove older version:
# rpm -e setroubleshoot-1.10.7-1.fc8.noarch
error: %trigger(setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: %trigger(setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
yum update on the fedora rawhide
Steps to Reproduce:
hmm - just one version of this package in system ?
Thank you for reporting this. Could you please do this for me:
ls -lZ /var/lib/setroubleshoot/
and add the output to this bugzilla, thanks.
Also, after getting the directory contents please try to remove the old rpm's,
but add this argument --notriggerpostun that should allow the removal to work.
Did that fix the problem?
Well - of course I've removed offending packages after I've made the bugreport
with --noscript parameter - so I cannot really show the list ls -lZ from this
time - but I've made just an update and setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch was
installed again while the setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch was left in my system.
- so the current situation on my 64bit rawhide is:
# rpm -qa | grep setroubl
# rpm -ql setroubleshoot-2.0.0-3.fc9.noarch
# rpm -ql setroubleshoot-2.0.1-1.fc9.noarch
# ls -lZ /var/lib/setroubleshoot/
-rw-r--r-- root root system_u:object_r:setroubleshoot_var_lib_t:s0
Created attachment 291407 [details]
attempts to reproduce the error
I haven't been able to reproduce this, see attachment. So I'm a bit perplexed.
I'm also perplexed because as far as I can tell the command run by the trigger
should always return 0, which seems to be culprit.
However, the use of a rpm trigger was probably a bad idea in the first place,
triggers are evil. So I've updated the latest rawhide package (2.0.2-1) to:
* bulletproof the exit status of the init script
* have the run time code check the database version, instead of the rpm install
* remove the trigger.
Hopefully this will be more robust.
I know others have installed from rawhide but no one else has reported this
problem yet. I'm not sure if this is a general problem or is unique to your
system. So I'm going to leave this bugzilla open for a while so others can find
it if they see the same issue. But I think the changes listed above should
address the issue.
setroubleshoot-2.0.2-1.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update setroubleshoot'
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-3.fc8,setroubleshoot-2.0.5-2.fc8 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 8
setroubleshoot-plugins-2.0.4-3.fc8, setroubleshoot-2.0.5-2.fc8 has been pushed to the Fedora 8 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.