Bug 541234

Summary: gnome-translate shows some strange code
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Steve <bugzilla>
Component: libtranslateAssignee: Dmitry Butskoy <dmitry>
Status: CLOSED ERRATA QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: low    
Version: 12CC: dmitry, dwayne
Target Milestone: ---Keywords: Triaged
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11 Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2010-03-05 03:36:26 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:
Attachments:
Description Flags
translated text
none
Update Google translation
none
Fixed Kataku service
none
Fixed Opentrad service none

Description Steve 2009-11-25 10:14:12 UTC
Created attachment 373719 [details]
translated text

Description of problem:
gnome-translate shows some strange code (screenshot)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

gnome-translate-0.99-15.fc12.i686
libtranslate-0.99-22.fc12.i686

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. open gnome-translate
2. translate some text in another language
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:

Comment 1 Dmitry Butskoy 2009-11-26 15:33:02 UTC
It seems that a remote translate service, which was used by you, have changed its web interface.

Use Edit-->Preferences and disable the broken one. Certainly, report it here. :)

Comment 2 Steve 2009-11-26 15:42:38 UTC
Seems to be Google ;O)

Comment 3 Dmitry Butskoy 2010-03-01 14:46:58 UTC
Actually, it is libtranslate issue...

Comment 4 Dwayne Bailey 2010-03-02 07:11:46 UTC
Created attachment 397248 [details]
Update Google translation

This updates the Google provider to cater for the new <span> that has been added to Google's translation service.

Comment 5 Dmitry Butskoy 2010-03-02 16:36:48 UTC
Thanks, I already know about the changes. Moreover, it is not enough just to change the patterns, I've create a patch which removes extra html-tags, which are inserted now if the text has newlines (try to translate something separated by several newlines etc.)


Dwayne,
could you please check Kataku, Apertium and Opentrad services? They are not working for now.

I already have checked Babelfish, Systran, Google and Freetranslation. Tomorrow I'll check Promt.

After that, an update will be released.

Comment 6 Dwayne Bailey 2010-03-03 10:13:59 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> Thanks, I already know about the changes. Moreover, it is not enough just to
> change the patterns, I've create a patch which removes extra html-tags, which
> are inserted now if the text has newlines (try to translate something separated
> by several newlines etc.)

I'm glad you tested harder then me :)

> Dwayne,
> could you please check

Kataku
------
Borken, I've attach an update.  Some issues need discussing

Apertium
--------
I've asked the Apertium people to look at this

Opentrad
---------
I'll attach an update

Comment 7 Dwayne Bailey 2010-03-03 10:18:14 UTC
Created attachment 397523 [details]
Fixed Kataku service

I haven't made these patches so that its easy to test in .libtranslate

I changed the URL and some fields to get it working again.

They've added Tagalog support which I inserted.  I was worried about the use of * for bidirectional translation since en-tl is one way.  I tested with -l --services=kataku and it only lists the 3.  So what I've done works.

Comment 8 Dwayne Bailey 2010-03-03 10:19:08 UTC
Created attachment 397524 [details]
Fixed Opentrad service

I changed the service URL and added a number of new language pairs.

Comment 9 Dwayne Bailey 2010-03-03 11:20:29 UTC
Apertium
--------
The service now enables libtranslate queries.

Comment 10 Dmitry Butskoy 2010-03-03 14:43:51 UTC
Built for rawhide, see http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/libtranslate/0.99/23.fc14/

Please, check whether all is OK for now...

Comment 11 Fedora Update System 2010-03-04 13:59:16 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libtranslate-0.99-23.fc13

Comment 12 Fedora Update System 2010-03-04 14:00:47 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc12 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libtranslate-0.99-23.fc12

Comment 13 Fedora Update System 2010-03-04 14:02:17 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11

Comment 14 Fedora Update System 2010-03-05 03:36:18 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 15 Fedora Update System 2010-03-06 03:51:07 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc12 has been pushed to the Fedora 12 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 16 Fedora Update System 2010-03-06 03:52:19 UTC
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.