Created attachment 373719 [details]
Description of problem:
gnome-translate shows some strange code (screenshot)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open gnome-translate
2. translate some text in another language
It seems that a remote translate service, which was used by you, have changed its web interface.
Use Edit-->Preferences and disable the broken one. Certainly, report it here. :)
Seems to be Google ;O)
Actually, it is libtranslate issue...
Created attachment 397248 [details]
Update Google translation
This updates the Google provider to cater for the new <span> that has been added to Google's translation service.
Thanks, I already know about the changes. Moreover, it is not enough just to change the patterns, I've create a patch which removes extra html-tags, which are inserted now if the text has newlines (try to translate something separated by several newlines etc.)
could you please check Kataku, Apertium and Opentrad services? They are not working for now.
I already have checked Babelfish, Systran, Google and Freetranslation. Tomorrow I'll check Promt.
After that, an update will be released.
(In reply to comment #5)
> Thanks, I already know about the changes. Moreover, it is not enough just to
> change the patterns, I've create a patch which removes extra html-tags, which
> are inserted now if the text has newlines (try to translate something separated
> by several newlines etc.)
I'm glad you tested harder then me :)
> could you please check
Borken, I've attach an update. Some issues need discussing
I've asked the Apertium people to look at this
I'll attach an update
Created attachment 397523 [details]
Fixed Kataku service
I haven't made these patches so that its easy to test in .libtranslate
I changed the URL and some fields to get it working again.
They've added Tagalog support which I inserted. I was worried about the use of * for bidirectional translation since en-tl is one way. I tested with -l --services=kataku and it only lists the 3. So what I've done works.
Created attachment 397524 [details]
Fixed Opentrad service
I changed the service URL and added a number of new language pairs.
The service now enables libtranslate queries.
Built for rawhide, see http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/libtranslate/0.99/23.fc14/
Please, check whether all is OK for now...
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc12 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 12.
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 11.
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc12 has been pushed to the Fedora 12 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
libtranslate-0.99-23.fc11 has been pushed to the Fedora 11 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.