Bug 593786

Summary: repoquery does not check whether a repo id supplied with --repoid exists
Product: [Fedora] Fedora Reporter: Till Maas <opensource>
Component: yum-utilsAssignee: Seth Vidal <skvidal>
Status: CLOSED ERRATA QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance <extras-qa>
Severity: medium Docs Contact:
Priority: low    
Version: 12CC: james.antill, maxamillion, opensource, pmatilai, tla
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: All   
OS: Linux   
Fixed In Version: yum-utils-1.1.27-2.fc13 Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2010-05-20 19:38:57 UTC Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: --- Target Upstream Version:

Description Till Maas 2010-05-19 17:15:22 UTC
Description of problem:
I just used a wrong repoquery without noticing:
repoquery --repoid=fedora-updates --repoid=fedora  --releasever 13 youtube-dl

The problem is, the that there is no repo with the id fedora-updates, it is just updates. Nevertheless repoquery did not tell me this.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):

How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1. repoquery --repoid=INVALID-$RANDOM  yum-utils
Actual results:
returns nothing

Expected results:
should tell that there is no such repo.

Additional info:

Comment 1 James Antill 2010-05-20 19:38:57 UTC
I added this upstream, however there is a long tradition of:

. repoquery doesn't output anything to stderr in non-quiet mode.

. repoquery is in quiet mode by default.


repoquery --verbose --repoid=alkfjaljf -a

...will now tell you what you did wrong.

Comment 2 Till Maas 2010-05-20 20:20:52 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> I added this upstream, however there is a long tradition of:
> . repoquery doesn't output anything to stderr in non-quiet mode.

Here are two mistakes I already made when I used repoquery (obviously with other parameters) regarding repo selection, where repoquery wrote something to stderr (the first one might be unintended):

$ repoquery --repofrompath=/dev/null foo
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/repoquery", line 867, in <module>
  File "/usr/bin/repoquery", line 784, in main
    repoid,repopath = tuple(repo.split(','))
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

$ repoquery --repofrompath=blah,/dev/null foo
Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: blah. Please verify its path and try again

Comment 3 James Antill 2010-05-21 14:05:39 UTC
Hmm, apparently errors do come out in quiet mode (I've fixed the description of quiet). So I change the repoquery error message to come out too.

The former was a bug, and has been fixed.

Comment 4 Fedora Update System 2010-06-06 13:44:28 UTC
yum-utils-1.1.27-1.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.

Comment 5 Fedora Update System 2010-06-14 17:19:54 UTC
yum-utils-1.1.27-2.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.