This service will be undergoing maintenance at 00:00 UTC, 2016-08-01. It is expected to last about 1 hours

Bug 726575

Summary: Cannot <xref> between books in a <set>
Product: [Community] Publican Reporter: Rebecca Newton <rnewton>
Component: publicanAssignee: Ruediger Landmann <rlandman>
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG QA Contact: Jeff Fearn <jfearn>
Severity: unspecified Docs Contact:
Priority: unspecified    
Version: futureCC: mmcallis, publican-list
Target Milestone: ---   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2011-08-24 22:05:07 EDT Type: ---
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:

Description Rebecca Newton 2011-07-29 00:47:40 EDT
Description of problem: 

<xi:include>s work fine between books in a set but <xref>s don't. Just doing the <xref> normally, like this:

<xref linkend="sect-your-mother-was-a-hamster-"/>

Publican just can't see it, the same as normal when there's no corresponding section in your book.

If you specify the direct path, like when <xi:include>ing, like this:

<xref linkend="../../The_Holy_Grail/en-US/sect-your-mother-was-a-hamster"/>

You get validation errors, AND the usual I Can't See It error.

I've also tried specifying the chapter.xml as well, and the path without escaping two dirs.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Create two books in a standalone set and try to <xref> to a section in the other book.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. 
2.
3.
  
Actual results:
Errors described above.

Expected results:
<xref> are valid between books.

Additional info:
Comment 1 Jeff Fearn 2011-07-29 01:06:08 EDT
At a guess I think you are hitting the forced run of clean_ids that publican does to avoid id clashes when building sets.

To confirm, try running:

$ grep -r 'id-that-you-want' tmp/en-US/xml/*

If that's it then you could try running clean_ids before you build to see if that works.
Comment 2 Jeff Fearn 2011-08-23 18:53:19 EDT
Can you supply the repo location for this set? It'll make testing easier.
Comment 3 Rebecca Newton 2011-08-23 19:26:42 EDT
Hey Jeff, the source is here: https://svn.devel.redhat.com/repos/ecs/JBoss_Web_Framework_Kit/trunk/2.0/RichFaces_Developer_Guide/ I discovered that <xi:include>s won't work either, not sure why I thought they did. I don't know if this is related. 

I did try running publican clean for the <xref> stuff but it took a few hours so I kept having to give up.
Comment 4 Rebecca Newton 2011-08-24 22:05:07 EDT
Turns out, if you follow the instructions in the Publican UG properly ... stuff works ;) I fixed the format of the set so that it wasn't books inside the set, and that has fixed both the <xi:include> and <xref> issues. Thanks for your time, Jeff.