|Summary:||notificationarea draws the icon badly on menupanels. Its like the applet thinks it is larger than it is.|
|Product:||[Retired] Red Hat Linux||Reporter:||Need Real Name <blurk>|
|Component:||gnome-panel||Assignee:||Havoc Pennington <hp>|
|Status:||CLOSED NOTABUG||QA Contact:|
|Fixed In Version:||Doc Type:||Bug Fix|
|Doc Text:||Story Points:||---|
|Last Closed:||2002-12-14 11:38:05 UTC||Type:||---|
|oVirt Team:||---||RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:|
|Cloudforms Team:||---||Target Upstream Version:|
|Bug Depends On:|
Description Need Real Name 2002-11-10 11:36:01 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2b) Gecko/20021018 Description of problem: I deleted the panel that RedHat supplied me with in RH8.0 and created a menupanel instead and added a notificationarea to that menupanel. Now the notificationarea-applet draws the icon in the area wrong. Its like it thinks it is larger than it is. The picture in the supplied URL shows the gnomeicuicon beeing drawed at the top of the area so only the bottom of the icon is showed. This happens all the time with the menupanel. Also it happens with the authorizationicon. I cant test more application that uses the notificationarea since i do not know about more programs that uses it. Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): How reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Delete the supplied panel with RH 8.0 2. Add a menupanel and a notificationarea on that panel. 3. See the icons on the area get drawn badly. Actual Results: The icons do not draw correct. I only see the bottom half of them :( Expected Results: The notificationarea should know about the menupanels size and draw the icons correctly. Additional info:
Comment 1 Havoc Pennington 2002-12-13 21:56:54 UTC
I believe this is actually a bug in the icons themselves (e.g. gnomeicu), in that they don't resize on receiving a smaller size allocation. But I could be wrong.
Comment 2 Need Real Name 2002-12-14 11:38:05 UTC
Yes, that is probably true. It workes now, dont tell me how i did it, but i belive it is becaus i restarted the computer. So i'l delete this bug here. /kent.
Comment 3 Havoc Pennington 2002-12-16 18:21:25 UTC
Changing to MoveUpstream keyword instead of GnomeUpstream tracking bug. sorry about the spam.