Bug 831073

Summary: can't rename product/version/edition
Product: [Community] Publican Reporter: xuezhi ma <xma>
Component: publicanAssignee: Jeff Fearn <jfearn>
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE QA Contact: Misty Stanley-Jones <misty>
Severity: unspecified Docs Contact:
Priority: unspecified    
Version: 3.0CC: jzhao, lcarlon, misty, nadams, rlandman
Target Milestone: 3.0   
Target Release: ---   
Hardware: Unspecified   
OS: Unspecified   
Whiteboard:
Fixed In Version: 3.0.0 Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-10-30 23:11:04 EDT Type: Bug
Regression: --- Mount Type: ---
Documentation: --- CRM:
Verified Versions: Category: ---
oVirt Team: --- RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:

Description xuezhi ma 2012-06-12 03:00:30 EDT
Description of problem:
When I rename a product/version/edition name with command:
$ publican rename --product new_product_name
a message is out:name is a required parameter at /usr/bin/publican line 1034, but in user guide, product name can be changed by command:$ publican rename --product new_product_name


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
3.0

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.$publican create --name Test_Book
2.$publican rename --product new_product_name 
3.
  
Actual results:
name is a required parameter at /usr/bin/publican line 1034

Expected results:
Product name can be changed

Additional info:
Comment 1 Jeff Fearn 2012-06-24 02:35:56 EDT
Made --name optional as per documentation.

To ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/publican.git
   a26921c..4a5866f  master -> master
Comment 2 Misty Stanley-Jones 2012-06-29 01:25:35 EDT
I ran this command: publican rename --product new_product_name

It gave no errors. I verified that the product name was changed in Book_Info.xml: 

<productname>new_product_name</productname>

I did an extra test to verify that the product name changes even if I am using the info_file: parameter to point to a different file for <bookinfo> tag. To do this, I moved the <bookinfo> element and child elements from Book_Info.xml to Test_Book.xml. I removed the xi:include to Book_Info.xml and removed the file itself. I then ran the rename command the same as before, and verified that the <productname> was changed in the correct file.