Bug 1000234 - Paragraph identation in LO writer is now managed in character units and no more in cm/inch
Paragraph identation in LO writer is now managed in character units and no mo...
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: libreoffice (Show other bugs)
19
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Caolan McNamara
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2013-08-22 23:38 EDT by Joachim Backes
Modified: 2013-08-27 07:21 EDT (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2013-08-27 07:21:38 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Joachim Backes 2013-08-22 23:38:29 EDT
Description of problem:
It seems that starting with LO-libreoffice-4.1.0.4-6, the identation units in the paragraph format (and some more, I didn't check) is now character and no more cm or inch. I want to get back the old behaviour (inch or cm unit).

How to achieve this? Trying to exchange char by inch or cm, cm or inch is immedately reset back to char.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
libreoffice-4.1.0.4-6.fc19.x86_64


How reproducible:
Always.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.OPen some doc.
2.Format->Paragraph
3.

Actual results:
Identation unit is charachter

Expected results:
Identation unit is cm or inch

Additional info:
Comment 1 Caolan McNamara 2013-08-26 08:50:49 EDT
That's not the normal situation, is tools->options->writer->general->"enable character unit" on or off ? Sounds like it is on somehow.
Comment 2 Joachim Backes 2013-08-26 10:43:09 EDT
You are right: 'tools->options->writer->general->"enable character unit"' was 'on' for some reasons. Switching to  'tools->options->writer->general->"enable character unit" off' restored my familiar behaviour. So it seems I was the culprit for this behaviour (but I don't know why) :--(

Thank you very much for you help..
Comment 3 Joachim Backes 2013-08-27 02:42:05 EDT
I found out the reason for the activation of tools->options->writer->general->"enable character unit":

For curiosity purposes I activated the extended support for asian languages in the Options->Language control menu, and this displayed automatically and activated automatically the 'tools->options->writer->general->"enable character unit"' switch.
Comment 4 Caolan McNamara 2013-08-27 07:21:38 EDT
alright, so that's not a bug (I believe) with CJK enabled the default units there are cells/lines

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.