Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1000994
reason why it stays on 2.8.1 forever?
Last modified: 2014-01-09 01:49:31 EST
why did libzdb got the last update on 2011-02-23 and after
that only automatic mass-rebuilds?
CHANGES version 2.11.3
This file summarizes changes made since 1.0
* New: License exception added to allow for linking and
distributing this Software together with OpenSSL.
* New: Throw SQLException if a database access error occurs
when ResultSet_next() is called. Previously, access errors
could be masked as end of result set. Thanks to JiaQiang Xu.
* Fixes: Possible mem leak in Oracle's blob operation fixed
* Fixes: MySQL: Fixed a ResultSet bind memory error which could occur
if string or blob columns of different size caused successive buffer
reallocation. Thanks to Ryan Addams for discovering the problem.
* New: Added support for the new bytea hex encoding format
introduced in PostgreSQL 9.0.
* Fixes: MySQL: A table with two or more columns larger than 256
bytes would cause libzdb to truncate the second column to 256
bytes in the first row. Thanks to Me from China for bug report
* Fixes: Using configure flags --with-xxx without arguments
now works as expected. Thanks to Johan BergstrÃ¶m for report
* New: ConnectionPool_start() now throws an SQLException instead
of calling ABORT if starting the pool failed. Thanks to
Christopher O'Hara for suggestion.
* Fixes: MySQL: Using a stored procedure which returned a
result set would freeze the connection until it was reaped.
Thanks to Jesse White for patch.
* Fixes: Ensure that the library can be restarted after it was
stopped without leaking resources. Only applicable for MySQL
which could leak memory on runtime restart. Thanks to Axel
Steiner for initial patch and suggestion.
* New: Automatically unescape the following URL components:
credentials, path and parameter values.
* MySQL: Improved error reporting for select and prepared statements
Bug fixes: Oracle: fixed a compile issue for GCC when strict
C99 is used. Thanks to Stas Oginsky.
Bug fixes: Oracle: fixed a parameter sequence bug at
connection. Bug was introduced in 2.9. Thanks to l00106600.
* A zdb.pc library package config file was added. Thanks to
* Build, configure and minor code improvements
* Libzdb is now compatible with and can be included in C++ or
* Internal optimising changes and improvements
* SQLite: Unescape path to allow for (white-)space in database file
path. Thanks to Jonas Schnelli
* SQLite: Use sqlite3_open_v2 instead of sqlite3_enable_shared_cache
which is deprecated in OS X Lion.
* Oracle: Fixed a problem with ResultSet not returning all data
Because the maintainer is in Z(zombie) mode.
I'm going to take over the ownership.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1049219 ***