Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1002635
Inheritable permission i.e. "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" does not work
Last modified: 2015-12-03 12:22:26 EST
Description of problem:
Inheritable permission i.e. "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" does not work while setting inheritable acls for directories/folder on Gluster samba share.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
[root@bvt-rhs1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep samba
[root@bvt-rhs1 ~]# rpm -qa | grep gluster
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Mount a gluster volume/samba share on win7 client
2. Create a hierarchy of folders and files.
3. Right client on the parent folder -> select properties-> go to security tab -> go to Advanced (Security Settings) -> Change permissions (i.e. add permission for a group)
Now you can see below two options with check boxes against them.
a. Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent
b. Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object
4. select "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" and save it.
5. Check the permissions of parent folder, sub-folders, files if they have the recently added permission
The parent folder has the permission but the sub-folders and files don't have the new added acl.
All folders and files inside the parent folder should have the new acl set.
The other option "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" In step-3 works as expected.
With XFS also I get the same result as glusterfs samba share.
Not sure if I need to add below settings to smb.conf
inherit permissions = Yes
inherit acls = Yes
map acl inherit = Yes
We're working on upgrading samba, assigning to Jose as part of that project, may be reassigned.
Thank you for submitting this issue for consideration in Red Hat Gluster Storage. The release for which you requested us to review, is now End of Life. Please See https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhs/
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of Red Hat Gluster Storage, please feel free to file a new report against the current release.