Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1004131
WebDAV does not work with some passwords
Last modified: 2015-01-06 01:06:31 EST
Description of problem:
I created user with password "AQ<p1)`eF\(',ry@,K&n" and I could not use webdav (http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/). After changing password to one containing only letters (e.g: "asdfg"), WebDAV started working.
When I was logged in via web interface (http://localhost/owncloud/), I could browse http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/ in the same browser.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Name : owncloud
Version : 4.5.13
Release : 3.fc19
(in case it is bug in sabredav)
Name : php-sabredav-Sabre
Version : 1.0.0
Release : 9.fc19
Name : php-sabredav-Sabre_DAV
Version : 1.6.5
Release : 5.fc19
Steps to Reproduce:
1. set user password to "AQ<p1)`eF\(',ry@,K&n"
2. try using webdav (e.g.: $ cadaver http://localhost/owncloud/remote.php/webdav/)
Error (wrong password).
I checked, that password sent to owncloud was correct using wireshark:
GET /owncloud/remote.php/webdav/ HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic c3RldmtvOkFRPHAxKWBlRlwoJyxyeUAsSyZu
This package has changed ownership in the Fedora Package Database. Reassigning to the new owner of this component.
I can't be sure, but https://github.com/fruux/sabre-vobject/issues/94 could *possibly* fix this. I'm meaning to bump VObject to 2.1.5 some time soon.
Of course, it could be something older, too. If you still have the affected config, and you can afford to (back it up! and) try an updates-testing package on it, can you try with the OC 5 I sent to updates-testing for F19 yesterday? Thanks!
I do not have F19 anymore, but on F20 this bug is gone.
Name : owncloud
Version : 7.0.3
Release : 3.fc20
Cool. I'm going to try and get F19 up to OC 7 over the next month before it goes EOL, so I guess I'll close this along the way. Thanks for the info.
owncloud-7.0.4-2.fc19,php-doctrine-dbal-2.4.2-6.fc19,php-google-apiclient-1.0.6-0.3.beta.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
Package owncloud-7.0.4-2.fc19, php-doctrine-dbal-2.4.2-6.fc19, php-google-apiclient-1.0.6-0.3.beta.fc19:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing owncloud-7.0.4-2.fc19 php-doctrine-dbal-2.4.2-6.fc19 php-google-apiclient-1.0.6-0.3.beta.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
owncloud-7.0.4-2.fc19, php-doctrine-dbal-2.4.2-6.fc19, php-google-apiclient-1.0.6-0.3.beta.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.