Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1004212
[RHEVM][webadmin] Version number is not shown when clicking 'About'
Last modified: 2013-09-29 22:49:55 EDT
Description of problem:
When clicking 'About' on the top menu bar the version number is not shown.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Click on 'About' on the top menu bar
only "oVirt Engine Version:" is shown
The version number shouldbe shown as well
I will elaborate more on this issue. This bug seems to be related to the branding support (and breaking it).
The `About` dialog is not the only place where the text is comletely missing or is not replaced by user-defined value from another branding profile (theme).
Assuming that the branding support works the way, that all messages (and also CSS, images, etc.) defined in the base oVirt theme  should be overridden by the RHEV theme .
Spots with missing/wrong labels:
About dialog (Webadmin & User Portal)
- the text "oVirt Engine Version:" is hard-coded, cannot be set via themes (obrand.common.version_about, obrand.common.copy_right_notice)
Login page (Webadmin & User Portal)
- dialog header label - text not overridden by RHEV theme, oVirt value used; (obrand.common.login_header_label)
- main header label "oVirt Engine" - text not defined in RHEV theme, oVirt value used; (obrand.userportal.main_header_label)
- main header label - text not defined in RHEV theme, empty value from oVirt theme used; (obrand.webadmin.main_header_label)
Also worth to mention that other branding resources (CSS, images) are loaded and displayed correctly.
Regression against rhevm-3.3.0-0.18.master.el6ev (IS12).
I spoke with Pavel, he says he can no longer produce it in is15, feel free to re-open if it comes back. I think we had a bad build earlier that might have caused this.