Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 100596
Gaim out-of-date, bugs fixed upstream
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:56:00 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030703
Description of problem:
Gaim 0.64 is a bit buggy in its handling of MSN nicks with non-Latin characters.
Problem is fixed in 0.65 which is the latest released version - please consider
upgrading before feature freeze.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Change MSN Friendly Name to include Unicode characters (say Kanji or Chinese)
2. Now try changing it again.
3. Now try adding your MSN Messenger self to your own buddy list
Actual Results: 1) goes well
2) your previous nick is displayed with each character taking two spaces - bad
rendering of UTF8
3) now your nick is displayed properly but the first time you add yourself, Gaim
Expected Results: Nickname/friendly name displayed properly in step 2) without
having to be in the contact list
Fixed in 0.65
Please make that gaim 0.66 now.
0.66 should be in rawhide.