Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1007874
'Create New' modal window improvements
Last modified: 2016-07-31 21:08:14 EDT
Created attachment 797337 [details]
modal window with problematic parts
Description of problem:
The modal window for creating a new resource is unnecessarily complicated.
1. You have already chosen the resource type to be created, there is no need to offer the choice again. User should choose the resource type just once, the modal window should not contain this option.
2. If there is no option to change the resource type, the title should be changed to New <type> for the type selected instead of New resource.
3. The window has 2 'titles', one is 'Create new', the other below that is 'New resource' (or later perhaps New <type> for the selected type). It might look better to only mention the 'New' once or have only one title.
4. The path (default://master@uf-playground/defaultPackage/src/main/resources) probably wont say much to the business user. But we should probably get more opinions on this.
5. There is a lot of empty space below the path.
Created attachment 810824 [details]
improvements to the create new screen
Does the attached popup looks better? It is way better IMO, there are a lot of things that needs to be improved yet, but this is just the first step.
Notice that the footer is looking weird because it is not defined inside the Create New Resource screen. We can open another BZ to cover that.
Pushed to 6.0.x
(In reply to Mauricio Salatino from comment #6)
> Does the attached popup looks better? It is way better IMO, there are a lot
> of things that needs to be improved yet, but this is just the first step.
> Notice that the footer is looking weird because it is not defined inside the
> Create New Resource screen. We can open another BZ to cover that.
> Pushed to 6.0.x
It's definitely a lot better, thanks.