Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1007979
Recovery alert is lost across JON server restart
Last modified: 2014-01-02 15:38:53 EST
Description of problem:
If an alert is disabled by an alert condition and the JBoss ON server is restarted prior to the recovery alert that is to re-enabled the disabled alert being fired, the recovery alert will never get fired.
The result is that the original alert remains disabled until the user manually re-enables it.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.9.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number=
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add a "goes down" alert with recovery disabled set
2. Add a "goes up" alert with recovery of alert created in previous step
3. Shutdown the resource that the "goes down" alert is set on
4. Verify "goes down" alert was triggered and is now disabled
5. Restart the JBoss ON server
6. Start the resource that the "goes up" alert is set on
"goes down" alert is never recovered and re-enabled.
"goes up" alert should recover "goes down" alert if condition is true when server comes back up or becomes true after server comes back up and "goes down" alert should be enabled.
Couldn't reproduce in release branch post ER6 and pre ER7.
Verified on version : 3.2.0.ER7 Build Number : e8e6401:ff0061d
Followed the steps and verified that "goes down" alert is re-enabled.