Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1008167
Bookmarks on NTFS discs are not shown after mount
Last modified: 2014-11-25 15:08:26 EST
Description of problem:
Nautilus bookmarks (entries in left side bar) of locations on NTFS discs remain hidden after disc mount.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 19, Nautilus 3.8.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepare NTFS formated volume.
2. Bookmark some location on mounted NTFS volume in Nautilus.
3. Reboot fedora.
4. Open Nautilus.
5. (ASSERT) 'Devices' block of Nautilus sidebar shows NTFS volume. The volume is not mounted.
6. (ASSERT) 'Bookmars' block of Nautilus sidebar does not show bookmarked location or if there are only bookmarks of such (NTFS locations) type, 'Bookmarks' block is not present.
7. Mount NTFS volume by clicking on disc icon in 'Devices' sidebar block.
8. (FAIL) No bookmarks entry was added to 'Bookmarks' sidebar block.
--- clumsy workaround ---
9. press Alt+F2, type 'pkill nautilus' confirm Enter
10. press Alt+F2, type 'nautilus' confirm Enter
11. (ASSERT) Bookmars are visible in nautilus 'Bookmarks' sidebar block.
It works ok in Fedora 20 and 21.