Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1008426
Input error not shown in edit VM/Template dialog when advanced options are hidden
Last modified: 2014-04-10 03:09:05 EDT
Description of problem:
If one of the fields in the advanced options (System, initial run, ...) of the VM/template dialog is incorrect and the user has hidden the advanced options, the error will not be visible to the user when clicking OK. To see the problematic field, the user will have to click "Show Advanced Options".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Simple artificial scenario:
1. Enter the new VM dialog, open the advanced options, and input 0 in the 'Total Virtual CPUs' field (under 'System').
2. Hide the advanced options and click OK
More realistic scenario:
1. Edit a VM to run on host X in the host placement option (choose "specific" -> host X) and click OK.
2. Move the host to another DC.
3. Try to edit the VM's name and click OK. (without expanding the advanced options)
In both cases clicking OK will result in no apparent action nor error. The user will have to look at the advanced options to find the problematic field.
The advanced options should expand automatically to allow the user to see the error. Alternatively, bring up an error dialog about the problematic field.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1085380 ***