Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1008931
In the SAM Web UI, host can consumed 1 instance-base subscription when the subscription's instance-multiplier is 2
Last modified: 2016-03-15 11:38:07 EDT
Description of problem:
After subscribe zero instance-base subscription(instance-multiplier is 2) in the SAM web UI, it will subscribe it successfuly, But the attached quantity is 1
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
ENV:SAM host:10.66.13.97, username/password:admin/admin
Prepare the instance-base subscription in the SAM as the following:
Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Premium
Service Level: Premium
Service Type: L1-L3
Quantity Used: 2
Socket Limit: 2
Virt Only: False
Stacking ID: RH00003
Warning Period: 0
Provides Management: False
1. Register host to SAM server
#subscription-manager register --username=admin --password=admin
2. Open the SAM web UI with url:https://SAMIP/sam
3. Click on System-->All in the menu, Then click the host's hostname on the left list, it will see the host's information on the right side.
4. Click "Subscription" tab, check on the subscription of"Red Hat Linux Server, Premium"(instance-base subscription , and the instance-multiplier is 2) , modify the quantity to zero, Then click on "Attach" button
5. Check the part of "System Current Subscription(s)"
Subscription successfully, it remind "Insufficient Subscriptions are Attached". And the attached quantity is 1, please see the screenshot in the attachment.
Subscribe the subscription successfully, the attached quantity should be 2. As Physical systems can only consume in increments of the instance multiplier
If subscribe the non instance-base subscription , After subscribe the zero subscription in the SAM web UI , it also subscribe successfully ,and the quantity is 1, it means After attach the quantity of zero subscription in the SAM web UI, It should consume default quanity subscription.
Created attachment 798759 [details]
The above scenario was likely run against a guest machine. The instance multiplier does not come into play for guests, only hosts.
The issue that remiains now is that the UI is not presenting the correct quantity when the box is checked for the particular subscription.