Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1009907
check for whether passwords match in User Creation spoke in GUI fails if passwords are edited after a match
Last modified: 2014-01-30 17:07:38 EST
Description of problem:
Fedora 20 Alpha RC3
The test for whether the "Password" and "Confirm password" fields match will fail if passwords are edited after a match.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Graphical install, proceed to User Creation spoke
2. Input a valid username
3. Input a password that passes the strength check, e.g. asdfqwer1234uiop
4. Input the same thing into the "Confirm password" input. At this point the password match warning disappears.
5. Add "a" to the end of "Password". A warning appears that the passwords do not match.
6. Add "a" to the end of "Confirm password". The warning remains.
An erroneous warning states "The passwords do not match." and the user is unable to proceed out of the spoke.
Warning disappears and user can be created.
The same thing happens if the confirm input is edited after a match and then the password input. The first field that was edited after a match will get focus when Done is clicked. So in the case in Steps to Reproduce, clicking Done will focus the password field.
This only applies to the User Creation spoke and not the Root Password spoke