Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 101001
The folder & category trees no longer automatically expand the active node
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:56:13 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.9 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20030314
Description of problem:
The folder & category tree widgets in the content section admin UI are not
automatically expanding the currently active nodes. This is a usability problem
because it essentially doubles the number of clicks to navigate down the folder
heirarchy using the tree widgets. It should exhibit the following behaviour:
* If there is no current state for the tree node expansion, then
all nodes between the root & the current node should be expanded
* When selecting a subfolder, it should automatically expand the
node in the tree.
* Selecting a subfolder occurrs when either the label link in the
tree is clicked, or the folder is clicked in the right hand
folder item list.
* The user should be able to explicitly close or open any node, by
clicking the + / - link, without causing that node to be selected.
The same rules should apply to the category tree. With the exception of the very
last, this is the behaviour exhibited prior to Troika code 'cleanup'.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a number of subfolders immediately below the root
2. Go out to the content center
3. Go into the content section
Actual Results: The root folder is not expanded.
Expected Results: The root folder is expanded, showing 1st level folders.
Likewise for the category tree.
this isn't happening b/c of a bebop bug exposed due to ui cleanup
QA_READY has been deprecated in favor of ON_QA. Please use ON_QA in the future.
Moving to ON_QA.
Closing old tickets