Install on FSC Siemens L200/P200 with Mylex Raid Controllers fails, because
kernel-BOOT does not recognize the controller. No module DAC960 included and
also pcitable does not include any DAC reference.
Created attachment 93220 [details]
lspci -vvv and uname -r on affected machine (within anaconda)
additional note: examination of the kernel-source RPM shows that the dac960 module was moved
- can we get it back into supported (we're willing to test here of course)?
- should CD1/images not include an image with unsupported modules?
Currently, the impediment to getting the megaraid driver onto the supported list
is the fact that development does not have any such hardware. If we had at
least 1 to test with (within a week or 2) then we could probably get it added
back onto the supported list.
Any efforts to secure an adapter would be appreciated.
I guess you meant to say dac960 and not megaraid.
A few things we can do:
- we bug FSC for such a controller (from what I head we have pretty good chances for this)
- we get FSC to run the tests
- we run tests here (I'm on-site until Friday and willing to run all necessary tests)
- generating driver disks for the unsupported modules
Lars, please comment on the chances of getting Tim such a controller within a week or 2.
Please ship to:
Attn: Tom Coughlan
3 Lan Dr.
Westford, MA 01886
[haring (jkt):/mnt/redhat/test/Taroon-re0818.B2.0/i386/i386/RedHat/RPMS]$ rpm
-qpl kernel*.rpm | egrep "drivers/block/DAC960.o"