Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1010676
[event notification][upgrade] upgrade won't keep event-notifier configuration.
Last modified: 2013-11-10 07:25:46 EST
Description of problem:
After rhevm-setup to a newer build the old confguration related to event-notifier are lost.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have is14 installed/ event-notifier running and mail server is confgured
2. modify repos to have is15
3. rhevm-setup to upgarde to is15
4. service ovirt-engine-notifier start
the service will stop because the mail server is not confgured
run as expected
Created attachment 801185 [details]
As the change in notifier configuration and service was significant, the upgrade does not try to update its configuration.
I am not sure that it is worth the effort to automatically convert the configuration for this component and not just ask user to reconfigure it, but all seem to think that it is.
I've ran similar flow on my system, and it worked correctly.
Could you please try to recreate the issue and:
1. Tell me how do you configure notifier's mail.
2. Attach the /etc/ovirt-engine/notifier/notifier.conf file prior to upgrade
3. Attach the /etc/ovirt-engine/notifier contents after the upgrade.
couldn't reproduce this issue with rhevm-3.3.0-0.28.beta1.el6ev.noarch
Marking this as notabug, nothign was changed since is15 as far as I know.