Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1010977
no cursor in login screen on Plugable UD-160-M mutiseat device
Last modified: 2015-11-18 23:18:59 EST
Description of problem:
the cursor is not displayed on USB attached multiseat device Plugable UD-160-M.
Cursor came back on successful login.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. boot rhel7 machine
2. attache Plugable UD-160-M
no cursor on gdm
there should be a cursor
on the login screen it seems that cursor is just invisible, it doesn't meant it is messing
screen-saver works as expected, I mean cursor is displayed
1) gnome-shell (well mutter) is calling XDefineCursor at startup.
2) gnome-settings-daemon is calling XFixesHideCursor() at startup and XFixesShowCursor() when the user moves the mouse plugged into the device
3) The cursor doesn't show up though.
4) If something calls XDefineCursor a second time (say hover over the password entry, or restart gnome-shell) then the cursor suddenly appears
It looks like an X server bug of some sort. Since it only happens with pluggable devices, i wonder if it's some sort of hotplug race?
Moving to X server.
Does this build fix it?
Well it had better, because that change is included in RHEL7 now.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.