Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1011111
Importing a JSON definition never failes even if the definition is invalid
Last modified: 2014-08-06 16:10:51 EDT
Description of problem:
Importing a JSON definition never fails even if this definition is invalid. In that case, Designer imports nothing (empty process).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create new process (Start -> Task -> End)
2. View its JSON definition and copy it (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C)
3. Open import dialog for JSON
4. Insert JSON definition and delete any character ('}', ']', etc.)
Alert "Importing..." is shown together with confirmation dialog "Replace existing model?". If you answer 'YES' then the empty process is shown.
Same behaviour as for BPMN2:
- Alert "Failed to import JSON"
- Alert with more specific message ("missing character", etc.)
- no confirmation dialog
- previous process is shown (without changes)
fixed in designer master and 6.0.x branches
Verified for ER5