Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1012889
Unplug external monitor, laptop no longer suspends on lid close
Last modified: 2014-05-20 09:39:26 EDT
Description of problem:
Normally a lid close suspends my laptop. After a external VGA monitor is connected, lid close no longer suspends machine---even after external monitor disconnected.
Depends on how long I wait, but I think everytime I disconnect and then suspend.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. close lid, note laptop suspends. Then open.
2. attach VGA monitor (other's not tested).
3. unplug VGA, wait a few seconds
4. close lid, *laptop does not suspend.*
5. manually suspend (keyboard or menu)
6. open machine, now close again and suspend works normally.
Note "wait a few seconds": if you leave it for say 5mins after disconnect, it works correctly. If I get around to determining how long, I'll add that info.
Will test again with F20 once I upgrade.
Still present on F20. If I wait approx 30 seconds, it works correctly.
Also present with DP and HDMI outputs.
Sounds like this is intended behaviour, #1081093, possibly with some bugs #1092905.
But the 30 second thing is deliberate.