Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1013789
ibus-mozc must be locked down while screen is locked
Last modified: 2013-11-10 02:28:56 EST
Description of problem:
Anyone can use ibus-mozc on the Gnome Shell's locked screen, meaning that an arbitrary person is able to do the following things while you are away from your desk.
- See your private information as conversion candidates that come from your user dictionary entry and/or input history.
- Update your input history.
- Change config settings via "Command" feature.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to Gnome
2. Add ibus-mozc into the active keyboard list
3. Lock screen from the Gnome Shell menu
4. Hit Hankaku/Zenkaku key to turn on ibus-mozc on the password field.
Anyone can use ibus-mozc that is running under the user's context after step 4.
ibus-mozc is disabled after step 4.
Here is a quick and initial patch for ibus-mozc 1.11.1522.102.
mozc-1.11.1522.102-3.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing mozc-1.11.1522.102-3.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
mozc-1.11.1522.102-3.fc20 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 20.
mozc-1.11.1522.102-3.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
mozc-1.11.1522.102-3.fc20 has been pushed to the Fedora 20 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.