Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1014016
glance api hangs with low (1) workers on multiple parallel image creation requests
Last modified: 2016-04-26 15:07:28 EDT
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1008818 +++
Description of problem:
Glance api can hang in registry notification.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. openstack-config --set /etc/glance/glance-api.conf DEFAULT workers 1
2. service openstack-glance-api restart
3. Try several times:
for ((a=0; a<16; a++)) do
glance image-create --name image-$a --container-format bare --disk-format raw --file /etc/passwd &
glance image-list # Times out
API service hangs for forever.
glance-api service restart is required to continue the normal operation.
Service does noh hangs.
- On F19-devstack havana, RHEL-RDO-havana with pyhon-qpid 0.14 .. 0.24
- Tested on a 2 Core VM
- With rabbitMq the response is 500, so the bug can be related to the glance-registry.
- No issue seen with workers=2 yet.
- glnace image-create command without the --file argument also can cause hanging issues.
Auto adding >= MODIFIED bugs to beta
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.