Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1014944
Project Version with null projectType should disallow PO upload
Last modified: 2015-07-28 23:34:14 EDT
Description of problem:
Project Version with null projectType allows PO upload/download, which it shouldn't.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
100% (except the 500 error)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Define a project with a non-null projectType
2. Define a project version with a null projectType
3. Upload a source document
4. Attempt to download an "offline PO" via the documents page for a locale.
5. Attempt to upload a PO file via the documents page for a locale.
6. Attempt to download an "offline PO" via the editor.
7. Attempt to upload a PO file via the editor.
At step 4, the ".po" link is disabled (as it should be), but at steps 5, 6, and 7 the action is allowed. In some cases, the upload can lead to a 500 server error (unable to reproduce).
Steps 4, 5, 6 and 7 should be prevented (UI elements should be disabled), and the server should also have its own checks in case of rogue/buggy clients.
Where possible, we must check for null project version type both in the UI and in the corresponding REST services, both for upload and download.
Bug 1030166 helps to prevent this on new projects.
However, this bug is required for existing project.
Migrated; check JIRA for bug status: http://zanata.atlassian.net/browse/ZNTA-326