Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015026
Cannot change localfs storage connection
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:35:30 EST
Description of problem:
If you want to change path of the localfs storage connection, it always fails with "Domain is either partially accessible or entirely inaccessible"
Thread-514::INFO::2013-10-03 11:30:26,149::fileSD::520::Storage.StorageDomain::(getStats) sdUUID=d8506641-027c-4efb-93ec-1d90d70c11a3 [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/rhev/data-center/mnt/_home_rest__test__domain__1__2013__10__03__11__16__36__418573/d8506641-027c-4efb-93ec-1d90d70c11a3'
Thread-514::ERROR::2013-10-03 11:30:26,149::task::850::TaskManager.Task::(_setError) Task=`a995f64e-d927-45e2-8c30-a7f8430ffbe9`::Unexpected error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/task.py", line 857, in _run
return fn(*args, **kargs)
File "/usr/share/vdsm/logUtils.py", line 45, in wrapper
res = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/hsm.py", line 2772, in getStorageDomainStats
stats = dom.getStats()
File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/fileSD.py", line 523, in getStats
StorageDomainAccessError: Domain is either partially accessible or entirely inaccessible: ('d8506641-027c-4efb-93ec-1d90d70c11a3',)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): is17
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a localfs storage domain
2. create another directory on the host with appropriate permissions (36:36)
3. put the storage domain to maintenance
4. copy the storage domain directory content to the new directory (not needed, will fail even if the
5. try to change the storage domain and set path to the new one
Actual results: action fails with "Domain is either partially accessible or entirely inaccessible"
Expected results: should pass
Fix for "steps to reproduce":
4. copy the storage domain directory content to the new directory (not needed, fail also when the directory is empty)
The described issue is a duplicate of bug 950055. As a quick workaround, restart vdsm service before updating the connection.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 950055 ***