Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015045
[RHSC] - Rebalance icon in the activities column always shows rebalance is in progress even if rebalance fails.
Last modified: 2015-05-13 12:28:22 EDT
Created attachment 807010 [details]
Attaching engine log
Description of problem:
Rebalance icon in the activities column always shows rebalance is in progress when rebalance fails
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a distributed volume.
2. Now go to any of the node and stop glusterd.
3. Now come to UI and start rebalance on the volume.
4. Click on the status rebalance button and it shows rebalance status as failed.
Rebalance icon still shows that rebalance is in progressa and task is running in the tasks pane.
Rebalance icon should show rebalance failed and the corresponding icon. Task in the task pane should be aborted or failed and an event message should be generated.
Created attachment 807011 [details]
Attaching vdsm log
Created attachment 807012 [details]
Attaching vdsm node2 log
Created attachment 807013 [details]
Attaching vdsm node3 log
Created attachment 807014 [details]
Attaching vdsm node4 logs
When glusterd is brought up in the node , then activities column is getting updated with rebalance failed icon and in the status dialog the node on which glusterd is brought up shows the status as UNKNOWN.
I am not able to reproduce this issue with latest RPMs. If I stop the glusterd service in any host and start the rebalance, activity column icon gets updated properly. It needs at least few minutes to update the task entry in task pane and
update the activity column.
same issue as comment#0 in rhsc-cb5.
the activity icon takes at least 20 seconds to change after clicking 'refresh' multiple times even though the status dialog shows failed immediately.
Its the expected behaviour. Its a design decision that async task status will be synced once in a minute from host. Hence, it will take maximum 1 minute for the engine to know the task status. UI refresh after the task sync only will change the activity icon. Simply refreshing the UI will not change anything.
I am still able to reproduce the issue. The following are the steps.
1) Add 4 servers to the console.
2) Now create a volume with bricks from all the servers and start it.
3) Mount the volume and create some data in it.
4) Now go to server1 and stop glusterd.
5) In the console , make sure that host goes to non operational and start rebalance on the volume.
6) Now icon in the activities column gets updated after 5 mins to failed.
7) Now bring back glusterd in server1.
8) Now go to server2 and stop glusterd.
9) Wait till the host becomes non responsive in the console.
10) Now start rebalance on the volume.
11) Rebalance icon in the activities column always shows rebalance running icon and clicking on the status always gives "could not fetch data".
12) Not even able to stop rebalance on that volume. It says could not stop rebalance.
Attaching sos reports here
This bug cannot be verified because of the following bug fix
Since due to fix mentioned in Comment 12, this bug is not reproducible, I'm closing this as not a bug.