Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015185
PRD34 - [RFE] Addition of os disk indicator on VM import screen
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:24:44 EST
1. Customer Name
Richard Davis (PGDS Ltd)
2. What is the nature and description of the request?
Upon import of a VM from the Export storage domain, we would like to see an indicator to show which of the disks to be imported is the os (boot) disk of the virtual machine being imported. Similar to the indicator in the "Disks" tab.
This then allows us to import the os disk on the desired storage domain. (Many people have a separate storage domain for VM os disks)
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
It ensures that we import the VM's boot disk onto the correct/desired storage domain.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this?
An "os" indicator in the VM Import screen to show which of the disks is the boot disk.
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Conduct a test export/import of a VM and ensure that the correct disk is being indicated as "os".
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
7. How quickly does this need resolved?
8. List the affected packages
9. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
ovirt 3.4.0 alpha has been released
Verified using 3.4 av2
TCMS run - https://tcms.engineering.redhat.com/run/119320/
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
Good work. Thanks everyone.