Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015361
Bug: Correct endpoints information for memcached, hot rod and REST
Last modified: 2013-10-08 23:03:28 EDT
Description of problem:
Minor fix for JDG 6.1 documentation about security using endpoints.
I think there has been some confusion, as noted in bug 818031. We need to:
* Update the docs to reflect the fact that REST has authentication enabled by default, and is exposed on the public interface by default, which is expected.
* Do nothing in the docs for memcache, as it needs to be restricted to the management interface by default.
* Determine whether Hot Rod does indeed have authentication enabled by default - If so, the current docs should be removed. if not, it needs to be restricted to the management interface by default and the current docs can stay in place.
Scoped as a one-off bug fix update for the 6.1 Developer Guide.
In frozen dev guide for JDG 6.1:
* For REST:
- Remove topic "9.8.1. Publish REST Endpoints as a Public Interface" since they are already public by default.
- Note somewhere prominent within the topic "Enable Security for the REST Endpoint" that REST is public as a default.
* For Memcached:
- do nothing to http://docbuilder.usersys.redhat.com/14115/#Publish_Memcached_Endpoints_as_a_Public_Interface
* For Hot Rod:
- Remove "11.10.1. Publish Hot Rod Endpoints as a Public Interface" since it is also already public.
 - http://docbuilder.usersys.redhat.com/14115/
DFJ, can you confirm the above are correct for the situation in 6.1?
(Note: None of these changes apply to 6.2, which is being discussed separately)
Correct except I think we also need to remove the content for memcached, as it is also public by default.
I'll fix these up and brew first thing Tuesday so we have the day to get your feedback and then push the changes live EOD Tuesday.
Tagged live, waiting for the final version to appear on access.redhat.com.
Changes have appeared on access.redhat.com here: