Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1015455
[RHSC] - Rebalance icon in the activities column disappears once rebalance is run sucessfully.
Last modified: 2016-04-18 06:06:26 EDT
Description of problem:
Rebalance icon in the activities column disappears once rebalance is run sucessfully.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a distributed volume and start it.
2. start rebalance on the volume.
3. Make sure that rebalance compeltes on the volume and there is an icon in the activites column which says that rebalance is completed.
4. Check the activities column after 10 mins.
Rebalance icon disappears from the activites column after 10 mins and clicking on status shows "rebalance has never run on this volume."
Rebalance icon should be present in the activites column and clicking on the status should always show the last status output.
There are two issues here
1. Rebalance status icon disappeared after 10 mins once its successfully completed
2. Rebalance status gives "Rebalance has never run on this volume"
Issue 2 is already addressed in this patch http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/19864/
For Issue 1, the task details are automatically cleared by the task framework after 10 mins. We need to find out way to retain the task information for a longer time.
We are using the task framework which cleans up the successfully completed task after 10 minutes.
Because of the task framework limitation, it will get cleared up and nothing can be done for this... This has to be documented...
Please review the edited Doc Text and sign off.
doc_text looks good.
As per comment 4, closing this