Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1017021
Properties tab for components are not shown properly when new component is inserted
Last modified: 2015-08-02 19:45:13 EDT
1. create new switchyard project
2. open switchyard.xml in editor
3. add camel route (xml)
4. open route.xml in graphical editor
5. add some new component (e.g. log endpoint)
6. click on some component to alter properties - properties tab is not updated.
Could you try to do it again and then have a look at the console / error log to see if there are some exceptions?
Also I know that the properties view has some toolbar button which makes the view stick to the last selection. ("Pin this property view to the last selection" is the tooltip)
Could you check if that was enabled? If yes, please disable it.
Created attachment 810870 [details]
what is printed to the eclipse .log when Log endpoint is inserted is in the attached file.
"Pin this property view to the last selection" was disabled.
another way how to reach not updated properties tab:
5. click some components (properties can be edited now)
6. switch properties tab to console tab and back, now properties cannot be edited, even if component is still selected
7. if you select different component, properties are still not there
In the log file you find several stack traces like that:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Please use DataMapping.getBusinessObject(PictogramLink link)
Can you check if this exception occurs when you select a component to show it in the properties tab?
it does, please see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1017006
I saw this issue too, thats why I asked if those two bugs could be related. In my opinion this bug here is just a follow up fault of the 1017006 issue.
From Lars' comment this would appear to be another symptom of 1017006 which has been addressed.
Verified with JBDS-IS 7.0.0.CR2